We at Spectrum Communications Ltd. are committed to unprecedented customer service. We are delighted to welcome and serve people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are welcome in our showroom and our service reception areas.
A support person who accompanies a person with a disability is welcome to accompany the person with a disability in our showroom and our service reception areas.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities in our showroom and our service reception areas, Spectrum Communications will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at our showroom door and our service reception door.
Training for staff
Spectrum Communications will provide training to our employees who deal with the public. Individuals in the following positions will be trained: customer service representatives, sales staff and managers will be trained within two months of being hired.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard;
- Spectrum Communications” plan related to the customer service standard;
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- How to interact with people with disabilities that make normal conversation a difficult or inappropriate means of communication;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Spectrum Communications’ customer reception or service reception area;
- And staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Spectrum Communications values each of our customers and welcomes their suggestions as to how we can improve our service. People with disabilities are encouraged to provide us with feedback by email:
email@example.com or browse our website contact page for a complete list of our locations, including telephone numbers. All feedback will be directed to our Customer Service Coordinator. Customers can expect to hear back within 5 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to Spectrum Communications regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Spectrum Communications that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.